Saturday, November 2, 2013

Mawwage is what bwings us together today...

In a world where marriage is slowly loosing its value, God has been showing me what a precious gift,  marriage, actually is. He is also showing me how much it will be worth it if I follow His plan He has created for me and to wait for His timing. Ever since I can remember being able to think, I have always wanted to get married and be a mom.  That was my dream as a little girl, a teen and still as a young adult. my plan was to get married after high school but once again God has had a different plan for me and it has been amazing. Its a little difficult because my boyfriend and I have been dating a little over a year and we do plan on getting married, however not until he is done with school and thats not for at least 3 years. That isn't really my ideal situation . I was really frustrated at first because people around me thought it was crazy to wait since we already know we want to get married and to be honest for a while I thought it was crazy too. It was hard for me to to think about. I thought it wasn't fair for God to be keeping my dream from me and letting people around me have it who were doing it differently then how I thought it should be done. Then God showed me something really awesome and it has really just gave me peace about waiting. In Ecclesiastes 3:11 it says
"He has made everything beautiful in His timing." Realizing this doesn't mean I am going to get married sooner because I think my timing is His timing but it does comfort me and remind that God has a plan for me. Plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me a hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11). Another really cool thing He has shown me is through my friend, Jessica, that waiting for marriage is a picture of God waiting to be united with His bride, the church.

Revelation 21:2 "And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband."


The anticipation and excitement I have to marry Hayden is how God feels while He is waiting to be united with us but even to a higher level, which I can't imagine. Its still not easy especially since I feel everyone around me is getting married. I know that sometimes the wait will feel like an eternity but God is already teaching me so much and it hasn't been that long so I can't wait to see what else He is going to show me over the next couple years!! 


Hayden and I at a wedding

The Wedding Girls 



No comments: