Saturday, October 19, 2013

Peace, Prayer and Fashion!

So just this past week I was a volunteer for Style Fashion Week in downtown LA. This was my 5th season volunteering, however it was held at a new venue this year so it was a totally different experience. Since the beginning we have openly claimed our true reason for being there which was to share the love of Christ. The head people have really appreciated our group so much that we have been put in higher position.

This past week Jessica (my leader) was put as co producer for stage two Shannon (another girl from our group) was also put in that position too. Our team of girls was all put under there supervision and they worked directly below the stage two producer, Hosue. We weren't to sure how everything would play out or even if Hosue would like us. However we just went about doing our work as for the Lord. We prayed as a group and openly shared about Jesus. Hosue definitely noticed and he loved it. He would find us and ask us to prayer for situations. He would join in on our prayers and really appreciated everything we did. He loved Shannon and Jess and formed a friendship. He really liked every girl in our group and was so thankful for us. It was really cool to see our friendship grow with him. 

The unity in our group and with Hosue really made stage two run very smoothly. We all helped each other and Jess and Shannon were so good at keeping things organized that it created a stress free environment. Even when things were going very wrong we would all huddle together and pray and by the grace of God the problems would smooth over.  Stage one volunteers noticed the overall atmosphere of stage two and they would come over and comment on how peaceful this side of backstage was. It was such an open door to share Christ with the other volunteers. One really neat story was I got to share the gospel with a Muslim dresser. She was going through a separation and also trying to pursue a modeling career. She was struggling with hurt from the Christian church that she experienced in the past and also having a hard time with her body image. I got to talk with her for a very long time and another Christian dresser (not part of our group) also joined the conversation. It was really neat I got to invite them both to Models For Christ (MFC) but the really awesome thing was that Hosue came over to me and asked me to prayer for a stressful situation so I gathered some members of our group and we began to pray the Muslim dresser and other Christian dresser joined us and they were able to see the power of prayer because peace very quickly replaced the stress in the room and we were able to totally accredit it to God. Peace was such a testimony of God's presence this past week. 

Prayer is always a huge part of Fashion Week for our group. Every moment that is convenient to pray as a group we take gratefully. We also pray all throughout the night. We pray with the dressers. We pray with the staff. We pray with the models. We go outside for a moment and pray alone. We cover every night in prayer. Throughout the whole year with lift this event up in prayer. We should not be in the position that we are in. We are above people who have gone to fashion school and have degrees yet God has entrusted us with this amazing opportunity so we do not take it for granted and prayer over every decision. Throughout this week I was able to personally pray with models before they walked the runway. Each one was so grateful. Through these experiences I have really realized the power of prayer. It is such a strong tool God has given us to use. I feel if we did nit rely on God and pray to Him continually through this time we would be able to do nothing. 

Philippians 4:13

"I can do all this through him who gives me strength."

This verse has a whole new meaning to me because I am not qualified to do these things. I do not have the skill level or education as the other volunteers but through Christ I can do all things and all the glory goes directly to Him. 

It's amazing to see God work through us so much in this one week. He has done so many miraculous things that it just blows my mind to think about them. I wish I could blog every single story but it would be really long so throughout my blog I will just add some here and there. Hope you enjoy and see how God is moving so incredibly in the fashion and entertainment industry. 







1 comment:

mom said...

God is so incredible and I am so thankful you are seeing and experiencing the awesome power of prayer at such a young age!!!