Tuesday, February 4, 2014

New York Fashion Week!!

So tomorrow (Wednesday) morning I will be on a plane headed to New York for Fashion Week! This is my third fashion week in New York however it is my first one in February. I have been to two others that are in September. A few days ago when I realized how quickly this week had approached I started to doubt. I was feeling overwhelmed and stressed and like it was pointless for me to go. I felt like I had no purpose or reason to go. So I started praying. I was praying for God to give me a vision and a theme. He clearly kept giving me two words over and over every time I prayed. JOY and LIGHT were the words and it gave me a clear theme and purpose. Having this new vision took the stress completely away. I think its really fascinating that those were the two words. I think joy is interesting because that was something that I already had been wanting to work on so having it as a theme for Fashion week will be a challenge. Especially since there usually isn't much joy backstage until the show is over and only if the show went perfectly. I absolutely love that Light is my second word. Backstage and every area in New York needs light and I am so glad that God really brought that to my attention.

Key Verses:

Romans 15:13

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 5:14-16
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. "Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.
Please keep me and my friends  in your prayers as we volunteer backstage in New York.












No comments: